Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Poetry

To the Child I Lost

A wonderful new journey that started
in my womb........

Three days of amazing excitement and
happiness sadly turned to darkness and
gloom.

What went wrong? It is such a shame.
In my heart and mind, it is my own
body that is to blame.

I loved you from the moment I learned of
you. I was so happy at the thought of having
not one child, but two.

Sadly, we were unable to meet. Your due date
would be soon, just a few more weeks........

I longed to feel you growing inside me -- to feel
your numerous kicks. I would have been
here for you always, to take care of you when
you got sick.

I miss you so much. I wish you were here. In my
heart always, you will be near........

I love you.

In April 2002 I found out that I was pregnant and then I misscarried just 3 days later. This put me into a bad depression, and months later I wrote this poem in honor of that little life that was not to be.

2 comments:

Treasures by Tina said...

Aw! I'm so sorry to hear of your loss! I hope you're not afraid to try again. :)

Tina

Anonymous said...

xoxoxo to you, Angie

Shell